iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

I just got a new iPod touch during that student deal with a

Customer Question

I just got a new iPod touch during that student deal with a Macbook, free iPod touch (with rebate), and a cheaper printer (b/c of the rebate). I plugged the iPod into my computer and sync-ed it with the songs from my old iPod. I haven't tried to plug it in since I left for college, which was about a week ago. Now when I plug the iPod touch into the USB port, the iPod lights up but the Macbook does not register that any iPod is plugged in. If anyone could help I would be so thankful. How do I get my computer to recognize that I plugged in an iPod, and that it should open up iTunes??
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 4 years ago.
Hi , I would like to help ,

Normally you would hook up the ipod like this . ,

Launch itunes on your Mac or PC .

Plugin the ipod while it is turned on and charged ,
it should connect and show up in the list below your itunes music library . .

Once the ipod appears in the list , just click on it and you are presented with options for the ipod.

Does this help ?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know how to work iTunes, and I understand that my iPod should appear on the "Devices" list but it won't. It is plugged in right, but my iPod does not show up on the left-hand side of the iTunes window as it should. It was working back home, but now that I'm in college, it won't work with the computer. I am not able to sync my iPod or add any new songs. If this is something that can be fixed, please let me know. If this never happens, then thank you anyway.
Expert:  iteachmac replied 4 years ago.
Have you checked the leads , and tried a different one , if your away then you may be using a other lead that is damaged?? , can you confirm this lead is ok ?

Thanks.