Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Help. Macbook wi leapord. hangs on start up. Wont start

Customer Question

Help. Macbook wi leapord. hangs on start up. Won't start in safe mode. don't have start up disk, but have external drive backe dup via time machine.. Tried the single user fsck trick, but came back saying hard drive was ok but system was modified. Second fsck brought me a "failed issue COM RESET succesfully after 3 atempts. \Failing......."    help ,,,,, ....additional info
also getting line reading
"IOBlockStorageDriver: execute request: request faied to start!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Daniel :

Hello, my name isXXXXX will stay with you until the problem is resolved.
You really need the original disks that came with the machine so that you can use the hardware test on the disc.
There could be many reasons for this the most common in this case is logic board failure, if you have an Apple store anywhere nearby your best bet would be to take it to them and have them run diagnostics.
They will do it for free and depending on what status your warranty is in they may repair for free.

Daniel :

You have already done the things that I were going to suggest without having the startup disks.

JACUSTOMER-5nh6kgbr- :

ok thanks!

Daniel :

Sorry I had nothing more for you.

JACUSTOMER-5nh6kgbr- :

No worries, but I won't be pressing accept....I hope you understand

Daniel :

No problem, I wouldn't either. I do recommend taking it to Apple.