Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

screen wont respond

Customer Question

screen wont respond
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

vista

PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

Please try booting with the "Last Known good configuration" following the steps below:

1- Restart the computer and immediately press F8 repeatedly (before the windows logo appears), until you get the Boot Menu.

2- Choose "Last Known good configuration" and press ENTER

3- Wait for windows to be completely loaded

4- Restart your computer on normal Mode.

5- Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If I helped please click the Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
im sorry this is an iphone question i didnt realize the catorgary said mac

No problem Smile

Please reset the iPhone. To reset it, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for 10 or more seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

Please watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNlOd4QYVzo

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i tried that before i contacted you trying again and no result

What do you see on the screen?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
just my screen saver but i cant slide to open
Are you sure you pressed the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together until you see the "Apple" logo? Please try again and wait 30/45 seconds or maybe 60 seconds if you can...

Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

just did it again and after 15 20 seconds apple logo came on i kept holding it down and it powered off when i turned it back on same problem

Ok, thank you. Please try removing the GSM chip, then reset it again with my previous procedure, release the buttons as soon as you see the Apple logo.

Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do you remove the gsm chip?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
took it out and reset still frozen screen

Ok, I think we will need to wait for the battery to discharge completely.

However I will opt out to see if another expert has a better idea.

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

thanks for your help so far

Last idea:

1- Press and hold down the home and sleep buttons together until the iPhone turns off

2- Release the "Sleep" button but continue holding the Home button

3- Plug the iPhone into your computer and wait for it to show up in iTunes under "Devices" on the left

4- iTunes will find the iPhone in recovery mode and will ask to restore it.

5- Restore it.

6- Please let me know if it worked

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

didn't seem to work

OK,

I think we will need to wait for the battery to discharge completely.

Thank you

John Cappucci