Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis
37817776

When I just tried to open my Itunes I received the following

When I just tried to open my Itunes I received the following message:

"the itunes library cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes"

I have updated my itunes with the latest version.

How can I correct this
Category: Mac
Expert:  Omer Mushahwar replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com how are you today

Omer Mushahwar :

Can you tell me what exact version of MAC OSX you are running 10.xx you can find out by clicking on the apple in the top left corner and selecting about this mac

Omer Mushahwar :

Also if possible could you tell me what version of Itunes you are currently using?

Customer:

My version of Mac OSx is 10.5.8,
My itunes version is 9.2.1

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi sorry for the delay I had stepped away from my computer

Omer Mushahwar :

One thing to try is the following try launching itunes by going to the application folder and selecting itunes from their instead of the shortcut on your desktop sometimes the icon doesnt update correctly

Customer:

That works; thanks,

Experience: I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Thanks for using Just Answer.com