Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I am running 10.6.4 on a 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3. When

I am running 10.6.4 on a 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3.

When I set up firewall security and add an exception for iTunes to allow incoming connections, it keeps reseting itself to Block incoming connections. I am able to do this on my other Mac. The only difference I can see is on the machine where it works OK iTunes appears as On the one that is not working, it appears as iTunes with no extension.
Kent, WA
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Go to System Preferences/Security and check under General "Require a Password XXXXX Unlock each System Preferences Pane". Then go to Firewall unlock it and change your settings to Allow then lock it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. That worked for me as a sys admin but I can't get it to work for a non sys admin account.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
It won't you have to be administrator
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
The lock will work for all users