R.A. McConnell
R.A. McConnell, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  A-Plus, MCP, 18+ years experience, LINUX admin

i have music on my pc that i want to move to my iphone...please

i have music on my pc that i want to move to my iphone...please tell me how to do that
You can move the music on your computer (PC or Mac) to your iPhone by installing iTunes and adding the music to your iTunes library. When you attach the iPhone, you'll have the opportunity to synchronize the library of music in iTunes with your iPhone, adding all of the music in the iTunes library to your iPhone.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks...i got as far as all the music appearing on itunes, under library, then under music, then i selected all, but not sure where to go next
With your iPhone attached to your computer:

1. Click once to select the iPhone under "Devices" on the left.
2. Click on the "Sync" button on the bottom right of the screen.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

did that, and when i click on ipod icon on the iphone, the first screen to pop up is "songs" and it says "no music"
So, you connected your iPhone to the computer, can verify that there is music in the iTunes library, pressed the "Sync" button in iTunes, but there's no music in the iPhone?

I'm sorry if this seems a bit obtuse, but I need to make absolutely sure that all of this has happened in this order. Some of it is really important. The biggest one is that we verify that there is still music in the iTunes library, even after the sync.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, i downloaded some cds and i can see them in itunes
When you click on the device (the iPhone) under "Devices" on the left side of iTunes, do you have sub-categories under the iPhone? There might be a plus-mark in a box that you have to click to expand the list. If you have them, can you list them here?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when i click on my iphone, the sublist reads music
tv shows

no buttons or xs to the left...when i click on m usic it is empty

Out of curiosity, can you drag music from your library to the "Music" folder on the iPhone?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes !!!!!! thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're welcome. If you need this to be able to auto-sync, then I can walk you through the steps to get iTunes doing this.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, please
In iTunes, click to select the iPhone. Under the "Summary" tab in the main iTunes window, ensure that the iPhone is not set for manual management (this may require that "Manually manage music and videos" be unchecked).

If you have more that one iPod or iPhone that you use with this computer, however, you won't want to do that. Also, before you make any change in this configuration, make sure that you have your iTunes library backed up.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sounds like misssion accomplished, many thanks to you !!!
You're most welcome.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.