R.A. McConnell
R.A. McConnell, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  A-Plus, MCP, 18+ years experience, LINUX admin
45119205

Hi I had updated my MAC to the latest operating system snow

Customer Question

Hi I had updated my MAC to the latest operating system snow leopard. When I went to upload my pictures from my canon powershot SD 880 IS I got an error saying failed to initialize program . I am not sure what to do
Category: Mac
Expert:  R.A. McConnell replied 4 years ago.
Snow Leopard has had a lot of problems when it is installed as an upgrade over the top of any existing load of Leopard with programs already installed.

The first step, of course, is to try and repair the disk permissions using Disk Utility. Beyond that, I would try to uninstall the Powershot software and reinstall it.

If that fails, your only recourse will be to backup your data, erase the system, install Snow Leopard on the freshly erased hard drive, then install the Canon software. After that, you can work on restoring your data from the backup.
R.A. McConnell, Mac Support Tech
Experience: A-Plus, MCP, 18+ years experience, LINUX admin
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok how do I erase the hard drive and start over?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do I erased hard drive and start over?
Put your Snow Leopard disc in the drive and restart the system with the "D" key held down. When you are asked which drive you would like to install to, you will have the option of erasing the drive and doing a new, fresh, clean install.