Steve
Steve, Mac Help Specialist
Experience:  Support and training for Mac users since 1991.

I have a new macbook pro running on snow leopard 10.6.4 I

Customer Question

I have a new macbook pro running on snow leopard 10.6.4

I am having an issue with my firefox which is currently version 3.6.8

I tab mix plus extension and I used to be able to hit ctrl tab and scroll through all the open tabs by continuing to hold ctrl and then hitting tab. It would scroll through in the order that I last used them.

Ever since the 3.5 firefox update I haven't been able to use this feature?

Can anyone help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Steve :

Hello, I may be able to help you with this issue but I need some information first.

Steve :

I'm unclear about what you mean by this "I tab mix plus extension"

Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
I just switched the chat to a Q&A. Still here and waiting to help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok here is tab mix plus it is most popular tab extension for firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122/
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Ah, well, if the CTRL tabbing isn't working the most likely reason is that this extension has not been updated for the current version of Firefox. Try disabling the extension and testing the CTRL tabbing.

It should show up as an update (when the update is available) when you launch Firefox.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just reinstalled it two days ago so it is the most recent version I checked that on the developers homepage
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
It could be the most recent version of the extension but still have an issue with the most recent version of Firefox.

Then the next thing to do is reinstall Firefox fresh. Reinstall the extension and test. If the problem persists. Try it on a different user on the computer (just create a test user).

Let me know the result of those 2.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes i just got this new computer so I installed everything fresh and I did the same thing on my old computer several times. Thats not the issue it has to be something with one of the extensiosn I am using that is requesting the data from firefox before the tab mix plus gets it which would cause it to stop
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Maybe, but more likely it is the tab mix extension. Disable the other extensions and test if it works then.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yeah I just tried that and it didn't work
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
That proves the test...the extension is not working with the current version of Firefox.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it is because I looked on the forums and others are not having this issue
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
I'm out of ideas then. It sounds like you done all the tests. If you were careful on the extension intefering idea then you would have found the one.

I'll opt out and hopefully another Mac expert will have more information/ideas2987 for you. If no one picks it up within a half hour, you should re-post the problem so it rises to the top of the list so the experts will see it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks, I just need a solution that I can tab between the most recently used tabs in firefox and that solution needs to be able to remember more than the last tab I used
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
If you go to the Tools Menu > Add-ons and search for tabs you'll find some extensions that may work for you. Good luck.