Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Using OS 10.6.5 I am seeking to transfer iPhoto library to

Customer Question

Using OS 10.6.5 I am seeking to transfer iPhoto library to an external disk. I was able to transfer Aperture library with no problem, but with iPhoto I get the following error message "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “iPhoto Library” can’t be read or written._(Error code -36)"__I have done a verify and fix of the internal hard drive. No joy.__Thanks,_Clay
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Mike the MacMedic :

So are you trying to copy over the iPhoto Library from your pictures folder? Quit all applications, first.

Mike the MacMedic :

Did you also repair Permissions?

Customer:

ge

Mike the MacMedic :

Sorry? Can you clarify?

Customer:

Hi Mike,

Customer:

Sorry about the incomprehensible message. Didn't realize I sent it. It

Mike the MacMedic :

Still need help?

Customer:

appears that no assistance is required. In spite of error message the photo files were all transferred anyway. Some .xml files were not sent but it does not seem to have afffected anything.

Mike the MacMedic :

OK great.

Customer:

Hi Mike,

Customer:

Hi Mike as I indicated above the problem resolved itself without any assistance.Sorry to have troubled you.

Mike the MacMedic :

ok