Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

The last time I successfully sent an e-mail was 7/29. Since

The last time I successfully sent an e-mail was 7/29. Since then, the format of Hotmail has changed. I have been unable to write a message, either when I try to send a new message or to reply to a message. The recipient's name and the subject of the message appear, but I can't get my cursor to appear in the area where you write the message.

Sue [email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Mike the MacMedic :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.

Customer:

Mike: My computer version is Mac OSX 10.5.4. The memory is 2GB667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. The processor is 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

Mike the MacMedic :

Please go to the Apple Logo a the top left of the screen and run Software Update.

Mike the MacMedic :

Please go to the Apple logo to Software Update and run that.

Customer:

Sorry that it took so long for me to answer. I had trouble updating the software and had to take my computer to a dealer to have this fixed. You're correct; I can now write e-mail.

Customer:

Sorry it took so long for me to answer.  I wasn't able to update the operating system, and had to take the computer to a dealer to get this fixed.  You're right; I can now write e-mail.  THanks, Mike.