Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I bought an Ipod four yearrs ago, I am trying to synk it with

Customer Question

I bought an Ipod four yearrs ago, I am trying to synk it with my computer to no avail. All I get on the Ipod is a circle with cross bar and saying "do not disconect. And allthough I have a number of selections in it I can not access it's memory.
Robert W. [email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Mike the MacMedic :

What model Pod is it?

Customer:

I do not have any indication of the model, howevr the s/n is 7L65226XVQ5 bought late 2006 and capacity is 2 GB. I have been able to reset it and when not connected to the computer it shows and play 42 songs which do not appear when connected to computer. Also when I download from computer it appears on the computer but not on the pod after disconnecting it.

Customer:

What appears on the computer are the sngs I downloaded not the songs which can play.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was asked a question, and pressed accept to sent that reply. I so far have not gotten anything for the $18.00

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Sorry I’m looking for the model.

Edited by Mike the MacMedic on 8/5/2010 at 3:03 PM EST
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
FYI it is an iPod Nano 2nd generation:

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.

If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.