Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

i cannot open my aol e mail on my mac computer. It has been

i cannot open my aol e mail on my mac computer. It has been fine for over a year. Now when I click on a letter, the cursor button turns into a circle, and spins round, for ever!

There is a second problem, on using I Photos on my mac.When I click on a photo, or on a file of photos, the I photos cuts out, and there is message on screen to "relaunch" i P{hotos. This started occasionally yesterday, but now it happens every time I click on I Photos.

Can you please give me the answer on here, rather than e mail, as I cannot currently open my e mails, due to problem as described above.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Mike the MacMedic :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.

then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair.

Customer:

Version 10.6.2, Processor 3-06 GHZ Intel Core Duo, Memory 4 GB 1067 MH2 ram. By the way, I also have a Mac lap top, and the same aol problem is on that computer too.

Customer:

sorry, but please tell me where to find Mackintosh HD, and applications folder. I am a little thick on all of this computer stuff! Thank you

Mike the MacMedic :

You should see Macintosh HD on your desktop. It is your Hard Drive. If the problem is on both computers I would guess it is a problem with AOL not your computer but go ahead and do as I suggested.

Customer:

please forgive me for having a stupid day, but I cant see Macintosh Hd on my desktop. how to I get to it?

Mike the MacMedic :

Click on a blank spot on your desktop. Go to the top left of the screen to Finder and go to Preferences. Select all boxes under General.

Full Size Image

Customer:

On my Mac, I Photo keeps quitting unexpectedly, and there is a notice on the screen asking me to re launch it. This is happening all the time. how do I fix it please?

Customer:

Also, I am trying to delete all photos in the I photos, such as last 12 months, last import, etc., but I am concerned that if I delete them, they will also delete the photos I have selected on I Photo and put them in albums. I have tried deleting some, but they deleted photos keep coming back. Should I move the files of photos selected, out of I photos, and on to desk top, and then try to delete whats left? Help!

Mike the MacMedic :

Have you followed my instructions?

Customer:

yes, I eventually found the various buttons, and did as you asked. E mail is currently working, but it does tend to be off and on. I Photos is still bad.

Customer:

e mail has just gone off again! its the spinning coloured icon going round and round, and it wont stop

Mike the MacMedic :

Did you run the Disk Utility?

Customer:

Yes, I did the repair permissions as you said.

Mike the MacMedic :

Also Verify Disk was OK?

Customer:

yes. just checked it again.

Mike the MacMedic :

Go to the Apple Logo at the top left of the Screen and run Software Update.

Customer:

ok, will do

Mike the MacMedic :

Let me know if that helps.

Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.