Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

How do I kill firefox-bin I am trying to install an Adobe

How do I kill firefox-bin? I am trying to install an Adobe program. I have no idea where to go to kill it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
You want to force quite Firefox, is that it? Just go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen to Force Quite and choose Firefox.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know about that. I am talking about firefox-bin. It is listed separately from firefox as one of the programs to close before Adobe will load. It also lists Safari, which I closed,but Adobe continues to list it as a program that needs to be closed before Adobe will download.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Just restart the computer that will clear any open programs.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
But the I will lose the 99% Adobe download, and I will have to open Firefox to re-load the Adobe program and I will be back where I started. I Googled "kill firefox-bin" and I didn't understand any of the websites. What am I missing?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
What Adobe program are you trying to download?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Adobe InDesign. I am downloading it on a trial basis to see if it is what I need. Have you seen this "firefox-bin" before? Apparently it is some nefarious program within Firefox. I don't know....
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
go into terminal and type

killall firefox-bin

then hit return

if that doesnt work type

killall -9 firefox-bin
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When you say go into terminal, what and where is that?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
oh sorry go to Applications and in there is a folder called Utilities. Double click Terminal