Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a linksys wireless- G 24 Broadband router and a MacBook

I have a linksys wireless- G 24 Broadband router and a MacBook 4.1 with a Max OS X system. I cannot remember the password XXXXX use the router. Any way to reset the password XXXXX correct the the settings.

Thanks
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

You can reset the Router and setup it again.Remember, resetting the router will remove all the network configuration from your router, so have to call your network provider for the network settings to setup router again. Follow the steps below to reset your router.

1. First, locate the Reset button of your router. See the sample picture below..graphic
  2. Then press the reset button for 30+ seconds (press a paperclip into the hole or press it if it is a button) Your router should be returned to the factory default settings.
  3. Open Safari or Firefox or any browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press return key.
  4. You'll be taken to the router configuration page, in there you can change the settings.

(For the login, leave a blank ID and enter admin as the password.
If the above username/password XXXXX't worked, then try the following combinations)

Username : Password

root : admin

admin : admin

(blank) : (blank)

admin : (blank)

(blank) : admin

admin : password

Let me know how it goes...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think it worked. I'm now using the router instead of the cable. How can I set up a password?
Do you want to setup wifi password ?

Edited by Ashik on 8/1/2010 at 10:30 AM EST