iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing

I have a Powermac G5 dual 2.7. It is randomly going into sleep

I have a Powermac G5 dual 2.7. It is randomly going into sleep mode especially when running specific programs. IPhoto with a Ipod touch attached or when I'm running Handbrake. seems to be getting worse. Blew out the case and even vacuumed out the radiator to make sure it is clean.
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
iteachmac :

Hi , I would like to help .

iteachmac :

Does the G5 completely shut down ? If so it maybe over heating .

iteachmac :

When the computer gets load on it from applications and gets hot does it shut down?? , also please check the running temperatures of the CPU cores are they similar in temp ? use istat pro to read the temps of each G5 CPU while under load and idle there should be no more than 7 degrees Celsius c in the working temp , and they should not go higher than 85C when under load or the computer will shutdown . is this the issue ?

iteachmac :

Also never use air in a can to clean the mother board . it will kill it . static fries circuits . please use a soft brush to clean , keep the Computer grounded . wear a ground strap on one rist when working inside the computer case . .

iteachmac :

also using vacume can do the same as canned air , cause static .

iteachmac :

If the problem is not over heating . we can move on to some other tests and repairs. ?? please let me know .

Expert:  iteachmac replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Expert:  iteachmac replied 6 years ago.
Please let me know the details .