Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Mac AOSX 10.4 will not start. Logo appears with spinning wheel,

Customer Question

Mac AOSX 10.4 will not start. Logo appears with spinning wheel, next picture appears and the worm commences, then this dark message in 3 languages covers the picture with the following message :-
" You need to restart your computer,hold down the start button for several seconds or press restart".
After carrying out this instruction I only get a blank blue screen. I have paid the money asked the question 3 times with no response
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Mike the MacMedic :

Try starting up whille holding down the Shift key until you see the spinning gear. It should start up in Safe mode. If that starts OK restart it again.

Customer:

This action has no effect the restart message still appears.

Mike the MacMedic :

Then start up from your original system disk. Put this disk in and restart holding down the C key until you see the Apple logo. When you get to the Install screen you will see at the top of the screen a Utilities menu drop down. Go the Disk Utility and Verify Disk and if OK also Repair Permissions. If disk is not OK try to repair

Customer:

Have tried system disk with the same result the darken message comes over the screen as it attempts to fire up. Now I have the disc in the machine with no way of getting it out.

Mike the MacMedic :

Restart and hold down the mouse button to get the disk out. Unplug all devices that may be causing the crash. If it still won‘t start it may be a bad drive.