Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

HI Is there a way to restore an accidentally deleted note

HI
Is there a way to restore an accidentally deleted 'note' for my iPhone?

Can I access the backups that were make when I last backed up the iPhone?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. If iTunes starts syncing then cancel it. Right click on your iPhone under Devices in left column and select "Restore from Backup" from the popup menu. In the resulting window, select the name of the backup and click Restore. Let me know if that works or not..
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thx for your response.

I do not want to restore from backup since that would restore the old status and lose all the new items since I accidently deleted the note (among several modified since that I wish to keep.)

I gather there is no way to 'look into' the backup and just select the single deleted note.
Am I correct?

CAn you recommend an 'app' that is more user friendly is this regard? A notes app that can check if you really want to delete before deleting?

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, there is no other way to recover your notes than restoring from backup. Not sure if these apps helps you, but I like Simple Note and PhatNotes apps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi again

Thx for the names of other NOTE APPS

Going back to your earliest suggestion for restoring from backup. You said
'Right click on your iPhone under Devices in left column'. I am a fairly new user
and have not used restore yet.

Please help me understand what you mean by right click on the iPhone? If you mean
on a MAC mouse, I do not have a right click button on my MAC. Can you right click on the iPhone?? What is that?

thx
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Sorry for the confusion...When you connect your iPhone to your Mac, you can see it on iTunes under Devices in left coumn. So right click on it..

And of course you can right click on Mac, in Mac right click = control key + click

Edited by Ashik on 8/1/2010 at 11:59 AM EST