Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have recently installed iLife and now it has ruined my iPhoto

Customer Question

I have recently installed iLife and now it has ruined my iPhoto filing system! It has photos in random order dating them up to Nov 2011!

Plus, I spent all day scanning in photos to Photoshop, letting them stack up on my desk, unsaved and named, when the program closed down! Have I lost all those photos?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Mike the MacMedic :

Hi you can always ask for me if I am the Mike you are talking about by going to the link Quit iPhoto and hold down the Option and Command keys while opening iPhoto. In the box that opens check all but the second from last and Execute.

Mike the MacMedic :

Let me know

Nope, still have 2011 photos and photos are still out of order!

Can I just delete iLife? I really don't like it!

Mike the MacMedic :

If you till have your pictures stored somewhere else otherwise no, you need to get them out.

uhhhh, what does that mean? I do have a back up system - Lacie - is that what you mean? I just want my library of pics back like it was!

I liked the old iPhoto

Hello? Did you disappear? What is happening on your end of this conversation?

Expert:  D Cox replied 6 years ago.
On the scanned photos they are gone if you had not saved them and the program closed.

With your back up is it ran through apples time-machine?
If so then open time-machine and look back and see if all your other photos are there and in order.

Here are some details on the restore form apples web page
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
I don’t know why another expert butted in but, if you have aTime Machine Backup go to your Pictures folder and select you iPhoto library and hit Time Machine. Go back to the time before you upgraded and restore your Library. You will ten have to uninstall iPhoto and go back to your ealier verision.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Did that work for you or do you need more instructions?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well I called my local Mac expert and he said the first thing to do is check the dates on my cameras. And lo and behold, one of them was set to 2011, so that seems to be the problem. It didn't matter with the previous version of iPhoto but all that changed with the new version. Now I just have to go back and change all the dates from that camera!
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
OK good luck