Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
33372540

Is there any reason why I should not unlock my London Orange

Is there any reason why I should not unlock my London Orange iphone so that I can use as an ATT (or whatever) iphone in USA
There are suggestions that Apple monkey with system updates to relock phones. Is this so ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Kyle Brockman :

Hello

Kyle Brockman :

I don't see a reason for you to not if you need to do this. I will warn you by doing so you might break your device. Also by doing this it will void your warranty with apple.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There are companies that do the unlock for a fee. Are you saying it wont work ?
I'm not saying that, I just want you to understand that this a can be bad for your device if not done right, and it will void your apple warranty.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What is the right way. ? If I know the right way I can quiz the unlocker before committing.
That is a hard question to answer, They is many different ways. Each way is based on which version of the software you currently have and modem firmware. Also after doing the unlock you will wait a while before doing any software updates, as a new version of the iOS can mess up your unlocked phone.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do Apple intentionally "fix" any new or changes in soft ware so as to mess up unlocked phones ?
I know they fix the holes that the unlockers use to get in.