Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

lost IPHOTO

Customer Question

lost IPHOTO
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

You mean you lost your iPhoto application ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes.
I threw everything on my desktop into the Trash and emptied it.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Do you have the Mac OS X installation discs or iLife disc ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a Mac OS installation disc
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
One more question, do you remember the version of your iPhoto ? (iPhoto 08, iPhoto 09 etc)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't remember
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
You can reinstall iPhoto from your Mac OS X Discs. Its very easy,
  • Insert your Mac OS X Install disc 1.
  • Double-click the "Optional Installs.mpkg." You may need to scroll down to see the Optional Installs icon. graphic
  • After the installer opens, you can check iPhoto only from the list under Applications.
  • Continue and finish installation.

Let me know how it goes...
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I checked Applications and cannot find I Photo
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Did you reinstalled iPhoto from OS X discs ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes.
I went an extra set.
I reinstalled Mac OS X Install Disc 1
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Search iPhoto with spotlight (or search in Finder [Command + F]). Let me know if it finds anything...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still nothing.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Download iPhoto from here : http://rapidshare.com/files/251473440/iphoto.zip.html

and copy it to your Applications folder...

Edited by Ashik on 7/31/2010 at 8:02 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I downloaded the iphoto info.
It appears on my desktop but when I double click
the file doesn't appear.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
When you double click on it, a folder 'iPhoto' will be created on desktop. You can see iPhoto application in that folder.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The folder does not appear
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
You can do a Archive and Install. Archive and Install will not remove any of your files,applications, settings etc. It just replaces the system files with new one, so it'll put your iPhoto back.

Archive and Install : Read More

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where do I find Archive and Install ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Follow the instructions in here to do Archive and Install : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1710
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still totally confused.
Not Your fault I don't understand
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I want you to do Archive and Install. You can do Archive and Install with the Mac OS X discs.

1. Start up from your Mac OS X Install Disc 1 or Install DVD. Usually, you can start from the disc by putting it in your computer, restarting, and holding the C key. Or, put it in the computer and click the Install or Restore icon you see in the disc's main window (after which the computer will start from the disc without you needing to hold C.)
  2. Select your language. The Welcome to the Mac OS X Installer window appears.
  3. Click Continue. The Important Information window appears.
  4. After reading or printing the information, click Continue. The Software License Agreement window appears.
  5. After reading or printing the information, click Continue.
  6. An agreement sheet appears. If you agree with the license agreement, click Agree. The Select a Destination window appears.
  7. Click the volume that you wish to install to.
  8. Click Options. The installation options sheet appears.
  9. Select Archive and Install.
  10. Select the volume which already has Mac OS X installed.
  11. You should also select Preserve Users and Network Settings, to preserve network and Home directory settings.
  12. Click OK.
  13. Click Continue to begin the installation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am tired,so I going to take a break.
I'd like to continue tomorrow.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Okay..let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, it's me again.
I was able to drag I Photo onto my desktop, but it won't let me open it.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I'm very sorry for the delay...apologies. Did you tried Archive and Install ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where do I find Archive and Install ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Please follow these instructions carefully.

You can do Archive and Install with the Mac OS X discs.

9. Select Archive and Install.
  12. Click OK.
Ashik, Mac Helper