Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Greetings, When I first boot up, many times (not every time)

Greetings,
When I first boot up, many times (not every time) my Dual 2.3 Ghz Power PC G5 gives me an alert that the internal clock is not set correctly. Usually I go to the apple menu/System prefs/date & time and it resets automatically but only after I follow that procedure. Why doesn't my mac reset date/time without my assistance.........I am running into an Airport Extreme.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Becuase, either your PRAM battery is died or you only need to reset the PRAM. If the PRAM battery is died, then you have to replace it.

So first, we can try to reset the PRAM and NVRAM and see if that helps or not..

1. Shut down your Mac
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  6. Release the keys.

Let me know if that works or not..

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok Ashik, Shut Down.....held down CONTROL+OPTION+P+R and the unit tried to restart about 5 times in a row without getting aprox 25 seconds between startup tones.....so I released all of the keys and it started up with the clock automatically set properly. Is there any way that I can determine the battery life of the PRAM & NVRAM?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
No easy way to determine the battery life, but there are many other ways. For eg: Date and Time Problem, No Video, Not strating up etc are because of PRAM battery. If your Mac acting weird, first thing you have to do is PRAM reset.
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Greetings again Ashik, I must need some new batteries because I have lived with the same issue since July, 10. Help me work my way through the Apple maze to get the right batteries for this same computer. Thanx
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Could you please give me the Serial number of your Mac ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
G851447DRU3
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You can find the PRAM batteries in here : http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/batteries/PRAM/

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Ashik. Have a good day.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
No Problem...Good day to you too !
Ashik, Mac Helper