iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

How do I copy a map from google and copy it to a word document

Customer Question

How do I copy a map from google and copy it to a word document and make it the size I need?
Category: Mac
Expert:  chindhu replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
John :

Hi

John :

Welcome to Just Answer

John :

Are you there ?

Customer:

I don't have Print Screen on Mac.

John :

http://www.techiecorner.com/138/how-to-do-print-screen-in-mac-os-x/

John :

Go to the above link

John :

It will explain you exactly how to take a print screen

Customer:

apple + shift + 3, then clicked on screen. It is not on desktop.

Customer:

Sorry, it is now on the desktop. Now what?

John :

Hold down Apple

Full Size Image
key ? + Shift + 3 simultaneously to get a picture of your entire desktop. If your audio is turn on, you will hear a click similar to that of a camera. You will then find a picture on your desktop entitled "Picture N" ,n being the first unused number.

• Step 2

Hold down Apple key ? + Shift + 4 and release to capture a certain area of the screen. A cropping tool will appear and you can select the area of the screen you would like to capture.

• Step 3

To do a screen capture of a specific application window, Hold down Apple key ? + Shift + 4 and release. Click the spacebar and a camera icon will appear. Move this icon to the application window you want to capture and press "Enter."

• John :

ok

John :

Can you see the image on desktop

Customer:

I can't go to email without leaving this page. minimizing this screen does not let me go to email.. I can't check email for an answer without leaving this page, and I still can't get the camera to go to the word document.

Customer:

I'm going to have to leave for an appointment. So now what? I still do not have my question answered.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    To John
    I still cannot get the camera to go to the word document, My question has not been answered until I know how to copy a map, i.e. google map onto a word document and cut it down to the area I want to show on the map.
    Expert:  iteachmac replied 4 years ago.
    Tip :

If you cant download the photo or "Save as" the graphic file or drag out the picture to desktop as a JPG etc or take a screen shot using the keyboard short cut as you mentioned to "Save as" as other file type´s.

Launch Preview from the Mac HD / Applications folder.

Go to the Preview , File menu , Take screen shot , choose selection , drag the selection over the photo you wish to grab .

Done.

You can "Save as" from the preview Application to JPG and other formats , you can also edit size , DPI , rotate and edit colour . See the tools menu in Preview..

Note:
    Select more than one file and load that selection in to Preview to edit more than one file at once , this can speed up working with a number of files .
    Double click on a group of screen grabs or other TIFF , JPG´s etc selected should load into Preview , depending on your file type applications association setup .
    Or use right mouse button , Open with Preview , to open a group of photos in Preview from the Finder.

Extra:
    Within Preview , see customize toolbar to add zooming , crop , rotate button's and more.

Does this help ?

Thanks.
    Expert:  iteachmac replied 4 years ago.
    Did this help ?
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    My question was how do I move a portion of a google map to a word document on Mac OS. I was given answers, but the answers did not work. If I pay more will a get an better answer, or how does this work?
    Expert:  iteachmac replied 4 years ago.
    Hi , did you manage to take a screen grab of the map using my method below using preview?

Thanks.

re:

Done.

Note:

Extra:

Does this help ?

Thanks.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    What type of information do you need? I have sat and waited many times, and how can I provide what you need or I need, if I ever leave the computer to eat or sleep??
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    When do you need information? What information do you need?
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    What do I need to do to receive an answer?
    Expert:  iteachmac replied 4 years ago.
    Please can you use Firefox with this website , i think you may be missing something ?

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Please also try with your maps , please remember this website only works with Firefox on the Mac .

Now , did you try "Preview" to make a screen grab of the map?

Thanks.

Edited by iteachmac on 8/1/2010 at 10:46 AM EST
    Expert:  iteachmac replied 4 years ago.
    You can also try new plugins and tools for Safari 5 for grabbing webpage images and taking snapshots .

Awesome Screenshot lets you capture, annotate, and share screenshots with a click. You can crop, show area dimension, annotate with shapes and text, and blur your screenshot. You can even choose to capture the entire web page. Then share your screenshot with a simple upload.

-

Snapper takes a screenshot of the web page you’re currently viewing. Drag the image to your desktop, any folder, or application.

You can download these tools and more at :-

http://extensions.apple.com/#social-networking

Installation is very easy and webpage driven .

Or Go to Safari Preferences , Extensions tab .

Or Safari menu , Safari extensions gallery .

Thanks.
    Expert:  iteachmac replied 4 years ago.
    Hi , do you need any extra help ?

Thanks.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    What information do you need?
    Expert:  iteachmac replied 4 years ago.
    Please can you tell me what the remaining issue is ?

Thanks.