Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Can you tell me how to copy photos onto a CD on my iMac T

Can you tell me how to copy photos onto a CD on my iMac? Thanks!
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Do you want to copy the photos from iPhoto application to CD ? Or are the photos are just on your hard disk (not in iPhoto)?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The photos are in iPhoto.
Do you want to burn them as slideshow or just individual pictures ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Individual pictures.
First drag out the pictures that you want to copy to disc from iPhoto to desktop. Then follow the steps below;
  • In Finder/Destop, click on the File menu and select "New Burn folder"
  • This will create a new "Burn Folder" on your desktop.graphic
  • You can change the name of the burn folder (optional)
  • Double-click on the Burn folder icon to open the folder in a Finder window
  • Now, drag the files i.e your photos from desktop into the burn folder's window. This will create a alias/shortcut in it.
  • On the burn folder's window you can see a button named "Burn" which is located on the top right.
  • Click on the Burn button. You will be asked to insert a blank disc.
  • So, insert a blank CD/DVD, provide "Disc Name" and in the "Burn Speed" option, choose a medium level speed like 8x or 12x
  • Then click on the burn button and you can see the burning process.
  • When the disk burning is finished disc will automatically mount on the desktop.
  • Your photos were copied to disc and its ready to take out.

Let me know how it goes..

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the quick response! I do have a question though. You say to drag out photos that I want to copy from iPhoto to desktop. Could you possibly explain (in layman's terms)...how to do that? Thanks.
Thats easy, In iPhoto, click and hold down the left mouse button on the photos and drag it out to desktop from iPhoto (drag and drop method). If you can't do it, then open Macintosh HD (your hard disk), open Users folder, open home folder, open Pictures folder and you can see your iPhoto library in there. Right click (Control + click) on the library and select "Show Package Contents" from the popup menu. Now you can see many folders like Originals, Modified etc. Open Originals folder and you can see your photos in there. Just burn them using my previous suggestion..

Let me know how it goes..