Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Firefox seems to now take many minutes before I can get a

Firefox seems to now take many minutes before I can get a response from the key board or mouse clicks. It also seems to lock me out of loading any other app.

TIA
ED Granger
Category: Mac
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 4 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question!

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to require an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully
4. the question price you selected is too low for the complexity of the question

Please feel free to re-word your question or increase the price if you feel that may be the reason. Of course you are not required to increase the price. :)

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Lindie
Moderator

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I sent a message that Fire Fox seems to lock up my MAC. The Activity Monitor shows that Fire Fox is taking a large amount of process time while not responding to any input. In Fact-- I had to switch to Safari just to be able to respond to your message. I was locked out of using the vertical arrow keys.

Thanks XXXXX
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

What version of Mac OS X and Firefox are you using ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Apple 10.6.4
firefox 3.8.6
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
First we can try to reset the Firefox into Default settings...

Close Firefox, goto Users/[your user name]/Library/Preferences/ folder and move these two files into desktop.

org.mozilla.firefox.plist
org.mozilla.camino.plist (If you can't find this file, then just leave it. No need to search it)

Then restart your Mac....and try Firefox. Let me know how it goes..

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc