Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I mistakenly bought and installed a Snow Leopard Family Update

I mistakenly bought and installed a Snow Leopard Family Update for my computers (desktop & laptop) which had the Tiger operating system. Everything seems to be working so far except the mail.app. I just discovered my mistake and am concerned that I may have problems in the future. I would greatly appreciate any help or advise you could give. Don
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

What is the exact problem with mail ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When I try to use Mail.app 2.1.3 I get a box that says "you can't use this version of the application Mail.app with this version of Mac OS X"
Okay..what version of Snow Leopard are you using ? (10.6.2, 10.6.3 or 10.6.4)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I installed the 10.6.3 version.
It was not till I tried to upgrade the Mail.app that I discovered my error in trying to upgrade from the Tiger O/S to the Snow Leopard. That is my main concern, am I going to have problems with that mistake?

Upgrading from Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.6 is not a proper way. You should've upgrade into 10.5 first and then to 10.6. Okay..we can try to fix the Mail problem. You can install the Mac OS X 10.6.4 Combo Update. Combo Update will update your Mail into latest one.

Download and Install 10.6.4 Combo Update from here : http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1048

Let me know how it goes...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I installed the 10.6.4 Combo Update but I still get the same "you can't use this version etc, etc " So where do we go from here?
I will upload and send you a updated Mail version. Please give me 20 minutes to upload it.
Here it is : http://rapidshare.com/files/408848136/Mail.zip.html

Download the file, copy the Mail application and paste to Applications folder. Replace the Mail application in there with this one. Try to open Mail now.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The Mail program is working on my desktop computer. Now I need to download the 2 programs you sent me to my laptop computer. My only hope is that I will be able to use the Snow Leopard O/S as it was originally designed to be used; since I "upgraded" instead of "downloaded" it from the Tiger O/S.

Thanks for your help.

Don Feathers
Glad you got it working and thanks for Accepting my answer.

Best Regards,