Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

All of a sudden, within past month or so,when I use Safari

All of a sudden, within past month or so,when I use Safari (and also the Mail program) on my MacBook, a box pops up around every 10 - 15 minutes that says: "Safari wants to use the 'Login' Keychain. Please enter the Keychain password." The problem is that I never set any passwords for Mail or Safari (my email password XXXXX work, nor does my laptop's master password). I can't change/investigate because when I go to the Keychain information in the Finder, I would need a password XXXXX unlock the keychains! I can only click "Cancel" twice when the box opens up to get rid of it for another few minutes. Please advise. Thank you.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Sounds like your Keychain is messed up. We can fix Keychain, so that'll stop asking for the password.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We can reset the Keychain database and that'll fix Keychain issue.

1. Open Keychain Access from Applications/Utilites folder
  2. From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.
  3. Click Reset My Keychain, which is under the General pane.
  4. Authenticate with your account login password (its your administrator password).
  5. Quit Keychain Access.
  6. Restart your computer.

(Add a bookmark of this page, so we won't lose our connection)

Let me know how it goes...

Best Rregards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
1. my os is 10.5.8 (not 10.5.1 as I'd mis-typed before)
2. there is no "Preferences" menu when I open the Keychain Access
Its the 'Keychain Access' menu (next to apple menu) and 'Preferences' is the option under it.

Or to get into Preferences, press Command(Apple) and , key

Let me know how it goes...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did what you suggested. I don't know whether it will work because it can take 10 minutes or more for the box to pop up. I'm going to wait a few minutes. If problem is solved, I'll accept.

Now that I've reset the Keychains, am I going to have to assign new passwords to things?

Also, how do I leave feedback?
First only click Accept after it worked..You can leave Feedback after accepting my answer.

All the data on Keychain is gone, and it doesn't matter 'cause It won't affect your Mac or other files in it. Keychain is just an app to store password XXXXX websites you logged in, email password, login passwords etc. Sometimes Keychain database will get corrupt and it shows errors like you are getting. We just reset Keychain to default settings. So next time when you login to websites, mail etc Keychain will automatically create new database and store passwords.

Best Regards,