Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I stupidly deleted an administrator on an Imac using system

I stupidly deleted an administrator on an Imac using system 10.5.6. Another user's files were connected to that user. Is there any way to re-instate that deleted admin?
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

I don't think you can recover the full account, but you can create a new admin account with the same name of old account and move all files from the deleted account to new one.

So, goto System Preferences > Accounts and create a new administrator account (give it old account's name). Then logout from Apple menu and login to the new account. Now Open Macintosh HD, open Users folder, open Deleted Users and can see the deleted account in there in .dmg format (eg : deletedusername.dmg) . So double-click on that .dmg file to mount the disk image on the desktop. A new finder window will open and you can see all the files of deleted account in the finder window. Then Copy everything and open Users folder, open new account folder and Paste the copied files in there. You'll get a warning saying to replace the files, so choose Yes/OK.

Let me know how it goes..

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The computer is not at this site. I'll have to print the answer and take to the computer to try your suggestions. I can get back to you after that. problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I won't be able to try your suggestion until tomorrow afternoon. Please bear with me - finding the time is my problem. Thanks, Katie
No problem, take your time

Best Regards,