Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

how do i get rid of harmful trojan virus or and files on my

how do i get rid of harmful trojan virus or and files on my Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my own?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Why do you think that you have a virus/trojan on your Mac ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my computer showed that i have infected files
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Which application showed that your computer have infected files ? Safari ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yeah i was on the sub assassins website and safari shutdown. then a screen appeared scanning through my files telling me there where 12 harmful files in my mac. i had to restart safari cause when that happened safari quit on me..
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Don't Worry ! These are scam...Advertisers thought that you are using a PC (Windows) and they want you to buy the Anitivirus from them or May be they are trying to steal your Personal Information with that software. I'm also getting these messages many times while surfing internet. So next time when you get that message, just ignore it and don't buy/download anything.

Actually Macs only have a small number of viruses (1 out of 100) and they won't affect your Mac if you do regular software update (Apple > Software Update). Viruses usually affect the root file system and Mac won't allow to change the File system without the permission of User. I mean, Viruses won't affect your Mac without your Permission.
Also, Safari is just a browser and its doesn't have the ability to scan your Mac files.

Anyway, you can scan your Mac with a free Anti Virus application,ClamXav and see if it founds anything.

Just do regular software update and You're safe !!

Let me know if ClamXav founds anything...

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc