Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Network Engineer
Experience:  21 years experience in PC and Network Design and Support

I get an Error Code Oxc18a0206 on my HP Photosmart C6180 -

Customer Question

I get an Error Code: Oxc18a0206 on my HP Photosmart C6180 - I have done the steps in the online manual - turned printer off, removed all ink, waited, turned printer on and replaced ink when instructed to do so by printer - still the error code. A Best Buy Geek told me to trash the printer and just buy a new one - other than the error code the printer is in excellent shape - How can I save my printer?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Christopher Bessler :

The only thing left to try is a full soft reset.

Christopher Bessler :

While everything is on and plugged it, pull the connection cable from the back of the printer. Then pull the power cable. You are going to leave it unplugged for 30 minutes.

While it is off, reseat all the ink/toner cartridges and all the paper in the tray.

On your computer, uninstall any software for that printer and reboot.

After 30 minutes, plug everything back in and turn the printer back on. Hold the power and the print/scan (if you have one) button down for ten seconds.

This procedure should clear out everything in the printer buffer. Also, your computer may need to re'find' the printer.

If you are still having issues after this, it is likely there is a hardware problem (cable, printer sensor) that is causing it.

Christopher Bessler :

Christopher Bessler :

I just saw that your OS is Mac. I better opt out, as I am a PC expert.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
I have opted out.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What do I do now that you have opted out?
Another expert should pick this up quickly.
Although, you can still try the reset. since if it is unsuccessful, I don't think the printer is salvageable.