Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My ipod is several years old. It has been locking up regularly.

My ipod is several years old. It has been locking up regularly. I reset it and it usually works a while. Today it locked up again and there is only a black screen and no response. I think it's time for a new one.
My question is this:
1. When I get a new iPhod, do I just connect it to my computer like I do the old one and it will synch and download all my songs automatically? I have only music on it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Yes. When you connect your new iPod, iTunes will asks you to use it as 'New iPod' or 'Restore From Backup' (i.e your old Musics, Apps, Videos etc).Select Restore from backup and iTunes will restore your contents to new iPod, then just sync it.

Best Regards,