Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

For the past two days I have not been able to send either a

For the past two days I have not been able to send either a reply to an existing email or a newly composed email. I am using a mac computer but have never had these issues before. Both my son and my husband have had the same issues with their gmail accounts. Is there some way to reset things? This is very frustrating.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

The problem is with Gmail sever. I found some temporary solutions for this problem. You have to switch back to a older version of Gmail page. Goto and in the Gmail page, click the 'Older version' link on the bottom of the page. This will switch into older version of Gmail page. If you have no problem in the older version, you can use it until Gmail fix the new version.
If that didn't worked, try Gmail Basic, click 'Basic Html' on the bottom of the page. Gmail basic is faster than Gmail Standard page. Try it and please let me know..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Ashik:

Thank you for your response. I tried the older version as you suggested and that did allow me to send an email. Thanks!

From what you said, am I correct in understanding that the newer version of Gmail has a problem and that Gmail is working to fix it? How will I know when I can go back to the newer version? is there a reason why Gmail didn't notify me (and anyone else) of the problem?

I'd be interested in hearing your take on all this...

Actually this problem started 3 days ago and its with Gmail server and not with your Mac. I normally use Basic Html (older version), and when i switched to newer version i cannot send or compose new mails, sometime it does works and sometime it doesn't.
(only getting 'loading' in yellow box). So i switched back to Basic html (older version) and it works fine. So inderstand thats its with the newer version of Gmail page.

I also found that only Mac users have this problem, i tried it on my PC and i'm able to send, reply mail in newer version. And yes, i think Gmail is working on this issue and but not yet fixed. Gmail didn't notified this to its users, atleast i and you didn't got it.

So you have to keep checking the newer version and see if Gmail fixed it or not. You can switch to newer version by clicking 'Standard' link/option on th bottom of the Gmail page.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you! I appreciate your candid reply about your own experiences and am greatly relieved to know that (a) it is not my computer! and (b) there is a way to go around the problem. I'm now back in business and grateful to you for your time. I wish I could afford a higher payment for your services - you earned it! Unfortunately, my bank account won't support that. I happily will pay the $18 and, while I hope I don't need the services of JustAsk anytime soon, I would be happy to work with you anytime.

All the best!
Glad i could help. If you like my service please click Accept button and please leave Positive Feedback to me. Thanks