Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I went to back up my hard drive on my IMAC and because the

I went to back up my hard drive on my IMAC and because the external drive was full it sent three full backups to my Trash on the IMAC. Now the trash is so full that I can't empty it without getting an error message. This happened the forst time I wrote you and you took me through a procedure that in effect executed a FORCED trash empty.

I cant find the email with that original solution, can you hellp me empty the trash again??

Jim Chernesky
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

I couldn't access your old question..But i'll try to help you. You can use an application TrashIt to empty your trash. TrashIt will force your Mac to empty the trash.

Download TrashIt from here :!

Open TrashIt and it'll give you a option to empty the trash...

Let me know if that works or not..

Best Regards,
There is also another way to Force Empty Trash . Press and hold the Option key on your Keyboard and right click on the Trash and choose Empty Trash from the menu.

BTW, Thanks for Accepting my answer.

Best Regards,