Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How to eject disc

How to eject disc
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

Follow the steps below to force eject the disc.
  • Restart your Mac and immediately hold down the left mouse/trackpad button. This may take some time, but keep it held down until the disk ejects
  • Or restart your Mac and immediately hold down the eject key on your keyboard. Keep it held down until the disk ejects

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi...I tried your answer but I can't get the computer to shut down so that I can restart and hold down the eject key...it's been running since yesterday afternoon and I tried to put the icon in the "trash" next to it but it pops right back to the tool bar at the bottom of the screen. You're obviously thinking this person (me) doesn't know much about computers and you are absolutely correct. I'm trying to learn this machine from a Gateway PC and not having much luck even though my son ( who sent me this, his old iMac) still says it's so much easier than the PC....I'm not sure.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Actually your son is absolutely right. Macs are much more easier than PCs. Okay..Shut down your Mac from Apple menu (top left corner). If you still can't turn off your Mac, then press the Power button of your Mac for 10+ seconds and your Mac should turn off automatically.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi again...it worked by powering down and restarting. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Also the icon for the Canon thing is gone (thank goodness!) and I was wondering if this episode was peculiar to that particular disc or could this happen again with any CD and if so, should I just follow the same procedure to remedy the situation. If you don't reply, I'll understand, and in case let me thank you for your very valuable help to someone who does not speak "computerese". Best regards XXXXX XXXXX too.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
It might be with that particular disc. Many Mac users have this problem with some discs, thats why Apple created that Force reset option. It happens when Mac can't fully read the discs and when it keep trying to read the disc. And yes, just follow the same procedure if it happens again. And glad it worked. Have a great day !

Best Regards,
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Don't forget to click Accept and leave Positive Feedback to me.

Best Reagrds,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc