Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How can I chnage a file modification date How can I change

How can I chnage a file modification date? How can I change a folder modification date?
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

Change the date and time of your computer, then open the file,save and close it.

For folder, change the date of your computer to any date you want, open the folder and close it. If that didn't worked, just rename the folder. Then change the name back.

Let me know if that works or not..

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi. How do I change the time and date of the computer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I managed to change the time and date setting and to change one file. However, the time and dat change now shows in the logs and I am in a bigger mess than ever. I am NOT happy. Please tell me how I can remove the logs.
I'm very sorry for the delayed response...apologies. Open Applications folder, open Utilities folder and open Console application. In Console, click the "Show Log List" button in the upper left corner of the Console window, then select a specific log file from the left portion of the screen. Click the "Clear Display" button at the top of the Console window to delete the specific log.

Let me know how it goes...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi. I had already tried that and the log just re-appears the next time it is clicked. Sometimes a message appears that says it clears the screen without deleting the information. This is what is happening.
Are you able to change the modification date ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was able to change it on one of the items. How do I remove the date change from the logs?
In Finder, press Command(Apple) + Shift + G and in the resulting "Goto " popup enter /var/log

The log finder will open, select all the items and trash them. Don't empty the trash..Now open Console and see if the logs are gone..

Let me know how it goes...If they are gone, you can empty the trash.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi - some of it went but most didn't - error code appeared and then log message saying what had failed to be done. All that is happening is a bigger mess. Thank you for your help but it seems nothing can be done. How long does it take for logs to be turned over? Is there a means of making the turnover more rapid?
You can trash the logs, may be some activate programs won't allow you to trash the logs. So restart your Mac in Safe Mode and trash the logs without opening any programs. That should work. Let me know..

Restart in SafeMode
Make sure that the computer is shut down. Press the power button. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple and progress indicator. Let the Mac bootup...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The logs would not let me trash them. I have to go out now and log off this discussion. I won't be back until late tonight. Please email me [email protected] tomorrow. Thanks.
I cannot email you directly, so please add a bookmark of this page and reply back in here when you're back.

Also..one more answer to try now. Download and install Onyx application, Onyx will help you to remove logs and cache from your Mac. Let me know if Onyx works or not..

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11582/onyx