Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I can not trash Safari. What can I do to get it out of my

computer
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Are you getting any errors when you trash Safari?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Have you tried to install new Safari without Trashing the old one ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
To close Safari, Force quit it. Press Command(Apple) + Option + Esc keys, this should bring the force quit window, select Safari and click Force Quit button.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I put the Safari in the trash, but it still will not let me load te 4.0 safari because the newer safari is still seen as in the computer.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Just as i suspected..Once you installed latest Safari, its hard to downgrade and mainly it won't allow to downgrade. You can Force install Safari 4 Tiger Edition. Download and install Pacifist from here : http://www.charlessoft.com/Pacifist.dmg (Just use the trial version). In Pacifist, load the Safari 4 package you downloaded earlier, and Pacifist will load Safari. In Pacifist, click the Install button. If Pacifist asks the'Applications already exists, need to replace ?' choose Yes and continue. Let me know how it goes..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ashik...I am sorry, but I am going to have someone come out to my house and help me with getting my safari back up. I was hoping that this would be easier having you people working on this for me. But I realize now that this is over my head and I need to
have someone here. Thank you for your help. I wish that we could have come to a conclusion. Again Thank you.

Arnie McClatchey
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Arnie, its easy than you think. Just try it..i'll walk you through the steps.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ashik...Thank you for your help. It work and my Safari is back up.

My account balance is $114.00 it should be $38.00. Please correct it for me.

thanks again,

Arnie
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Arnie..Don't worry. Thats the deposit you made for the three questions you asked. Don't worry, all the money in your account is safe and refundable. If you like my service, please click Accept so that i will get paid for helping you. And remember that I have no control over your money, please contact [email protected] for the refund of $76. They will refund it ASAP..

And i'm glad that worked !

Best Regards,