Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

When trying to open a jpg file I get the Color Sync Utililty

When trying to open a jpg file I get the Color Sync Utililty logo and the message that it can't open that file. I used to always have success with Adobe, but for some reason, Color Sync seems to over ride Adobe. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

Do you want to open that jpg file in Photoshop ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No. I just want to open it in AOL.
AOL ? You just want to see the jpg file. Right ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I just want to get to see the file on AOL
Preview is the application that normally used to view the jpg files. Okay..Right Click (control + click) on the jpg and click info "Get Info". This should open Get Info window. From the "Get Info" window choose Open With.
graphic
In Open With window, you can see list of applications. Choose AOL from it, then turn on the checkbox "Always Open With". Then click Add. This should do the trick.
graphic
(In this picture i showed Preview, because i don't have AOL . In your case, choose AOL instead of Preview)

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I still can't find what you are telling me to do. I've written down the steps and will try again.
I will walk you through the steps. First select the jpg file and right click on it. Can you see "Open With" option in the pop-up menu ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes. The right click was possibly one of my problems, but I don't see adobe or Acrobat Reader as an option. What other ones should I try
Can you see 'Preview' application ? If so, select it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did get it open with Quick time player. Thank you. I have not learned the right click options - will need to do more study on that. Hope I can remember what to do next time.

Thank you.