Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My iPhone 3g will not let me enter my password -- cannot get

My iPhone 3g will not let me enter my password XXXXX cannot get into the phone. Recently upgraded to OS 4, but it worked fine for a week or 2. One morning it was working, no drop or anything, then next time I tried to get
Is this a jali broken iPhone or an official AT&T iphone?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This phone is not Jail Broken. Funny thing it won't let me put in the password. What is the default? I tried 0000 and 1234 and my last 4 digits of my social, etc. It was my primary iPhone legit from ATT but I'm using a Blackberry Pearl now as I wait for the iPhone 4 I just ordered. This crappy old iPhone 3G was a replacement in December, but must have been a refab, and it will soon be jailbroken when I give it to my buddy who likes to do that. Ofcourse, he will get no where with this phone until we can open it past the password XXXXX

You know any way to override the password, because now I am past using this phone for myself and my buddy will promptly jailbreak it if we can get past the password? The reason I gave up on the phone is that it causes me grief every month or so by saying "cannot read sim card" so I backup and go to factory settings every time then when I try to restore it it never will recognize the apps I backed up.
It is usually the last 4 of your phone number