Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

i have a macbook pro and has blue screen on startup, nothing

Customer Question

i have a macbook pro and has blue screen on startup, nothing happens, tried install disk and running disk utility, first aid, verify disk says volume appears to be ok, repair says volume is ok, when i click repair disk permissions it says error: the underlying task reported failure on exit. nothing works!!!!! im freaking out i have an assigment saved on hd, please help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
mac os x
10.6.4
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
You can do a Archive and Install (Reinstall). Archive and Install will not remove any of your files,applications, settings etc. It just replaces the system files with new one. Insert the Mac OS X Snow Leopard disc 1 and boot into it by holding down the C key on you Keyboard. Follow the onscreen instructions to do Archive and Install. Let me know how it goes...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it doesnt give me a reinstall option, all it reads is welcome to mac os x leopard installer
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Snow Leopard won't show that option, just click Next, Next...and it'd reinstall automatically. Make sure you are using the Mac OS X 10.6 Discs to reinstall.
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is the disk it came with originally not the snowleopard
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
are you on>?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I was not offline, you opted me out and i couldn't answer your questions. So i asked a moderator to opt me back in and now i'm able to answer your question. Actually its your fault, not mine. Okay..Do you still need help ?