Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I was almost finished typing a 3000 word paper and my mac froze

Customer Question

I was almost finished typing a 3000 word paper and my mac froze up. I had to turn it off and I never got to save the paper. Can i somehow get it back?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

Since it's frozen, there is nothing you can do. Only hope is, If the Auto Recover or Auto Save is turned on already, the contents of the document should be saved on a temporary file. So just Force Quit word and open it again. Word will automatically opens the document. If word didn't opens the document then goto Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Documents/Microsoft Userdata/Office 200x_ AutoRecovery/ folder (x is version number)

Search in there and also open all documents inside that folder. If you are lucky, you'll get the word document , If you can't find the documents in there, i'm sorry, the documents are gone..

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was using pages and not word
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Oops, sorry. I thought you are using Word. Okay..search any of the words or sentences of the paper in Spotlight and if your document is in your Mac, spotlight will open it. Let me know..
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't get it back. Horrible.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Microsoft Word have a Auto Recovery feature, but i think there is nothing like that for Pages. Open Pages if it didn't opened the documents then its gone.