Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hi, I have a friends iphone 3gs running on 3.1.3. im r

Customer Question

Hi, I have a friends iphone 3gs running on 3.1.3. i'm restoring the phone for him because there was something wrong with it but itunes won't let me restore it.

It keeps giving me this error "3194"
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

Thats a firmware signature error. Apple check and signs the firmware when you restore, upgrade or downgrade. So that error mainly means, Apple has stopped signing your device on this firmware and you can't restore to 3.1.3 or lower, but you can upgrade into iOS 4. Upgrading is the only way or you have to jailbreak your iPhone.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't want to upgrade and I'm not jailbreaking, I just want to simply restore 3.1.3
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Sorry thats not possible since Apple stopped signing 3.1.3...Why you don't want to upgrade to iOS 4 ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
because its not my phone and he doesn't want to update.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, you can't restore to 3.1.3 unless Apple started signing that firmware or jailbreak your iPhone.

Just tell him that, iOS 4 have many more features than 3.1.3 and 3GS can run iOS 4 Smoothly, check the features in here : http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/

(only click accept if you are satisfied with my answer)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yeah no. thanks for the advertisement though.

bye.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Thats not a advertisement, i just want to let him know about the 100 +features of iOS4. And i'm surprised why he don't want to upgrade, a free one !

Have a great day,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yeah he is aware of the update.

and he doesn't want to update because there is also a lot of bugs in the update, thanks for the no help though.

bye
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
"thank for no help though" !!? I helped you by telling the error is signature error, thats a help. LOL !

i'm using the iOS 4 and mine is 3GS. No Problems for me, and Apple also released an update for iOS 4, i think its 4.01.

Please come back again if you need our help again...(no need to accept the answer)

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ummm help? i obviously knew it was an error because it said "eror 3194"

yeah, you're definitely smart.

ahaha bye
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
You knew its a error but you don't know what error is this, because there are many types of errors (error codes) in iTunes..

(no need to reply)

Bye,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
umm obviously it was an error that wouldn't let me restore! ahaha wow epic fail.

bye
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
haha...Bye !!!