Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I am trying to setup and connect my new Linksys E1000 to my

Customer Question

I am trying to setup and connect my new Linksys E1000 to my iMac, OS X 10.5.8. I have a new iPad and need Wyfi capability. After making all the connections to the E1000 as instructed, I receive the message that the computer can't find the router. I've read your troubleshooting suggestions and suspect that some internal settings within my Mac may need to be reconfigured. As a novice, I'm not savvy enough to know what to do and am not being told what to do.

Since I don't have an internet connection when the wires are connected to the E1000, I won't be able to communicate with you when hooked up to the router. I am wired to my old ethernet switch at present for this communication. My phone number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN Thanks for your help.--Joe Alderfer
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Daniel :

Hello Joe, my name is Dan.
Can you tell me what you have tried so far? Have you turned on your Airport?

Hi Dan. Problem solved. I'm connected. It was a simple as pressing the reset button my my Linksys E1000. Thanks for responding.--Joe

Daniel :

That was next, glad you are up and running.

I was able to solve the problem without help from the expert.

Daniel :

Good for you.