Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

I have Mac OSX 10.4.11. Yesterday I did a Safari update to

I have Mac OSX 10.4.11. Yesterday I did a Safari update to Safari 4 and it won't stay open
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

Try restarting while holding the Shift key (only hold it until the Apple logo appears). Once it boots up, restart again like normal, and reinstall Safari 4.

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Jesse,

This didn't work. I think what I need to do is reinstall Safari 3 but it won't let me becasue it says it says I already have Safari installed. I have put Safari 4 in the trash and emptied it and restarted the computer. I tried what you suggested with the same results. It keeps going away when I click on a web site.

Thanks,

Jesse
Making sure that Safari is removed, and the Trash emptied, try downloading and installing Safari 3 from here.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry Jesse, That didn't work. It wouldn't open because it said that was for Safari 10.5. I may have to upgrade this computer which has Mac OS 10.4.11. We have spent enough time on time. Right now I am using FireFox. I miss Safari and all of my Bookmarks. I am a little upset because I was doing an update from Apple. I didn't realize this could happen. I thank you for your time. I am going to Accept your answer though so we can both move on.

Thank,
C. Ingram
Thanks for accepting, glad you've at least got firefox.