Mac Tech
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience:  7 + Years Supporting Apple Products

When I sync my iphone and try to restore from the most recent

When I sync my iphone and try to restore from the most recent bak up, iTunes doesn't show me the most recent back up. I'd like to restore from most recent, but my options to restore from are 'iPhone', April 29, 2009', 'June 15, 209', and one other. How do I correct?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for letting me assist you with your issue(s).

Did you sync with another machine possibly as well?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, I always sync my iphone on my computer at work.
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.
It will only restore those "backups" that are listed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I understand. Why isn't it showing me the back up fomr last week i.e June 26, 2010? I leave for vacation today, if something happens to my phone while on vacation I want to be able to restore from most recent back up. Most recent onw showing is last year, not the one fomr last week. ???
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.
The "backups" are domiciled in iTunes. If it's not there then it was not successfully completed and you cannot access it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

..but iTunes gives me a messages..."Syncing iPhone"..."backing up iPhone"...and "OK to disconnect"

Does iTunes list a date for each bake up or am I dreaming this?

Expert:  Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.
To make an effective iPhone backup, you need to manually do this. What you are seeing is more of a sync operation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ohhhh...so syncing the phone is not necessarily 'backing' up the iphone. How do I manually back up the iphone?
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.
When you see your iPhone in iTunes, right click on it and you will be provided a drop-down list where you will see one of the options "backup".

I know what you are experiencing as I thought the same thing when I first used iTunes with my iPhone.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation! :)
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience: 7 + Years Supporting Apple Products