Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

Ive put CDs of an audiobook onto my Macbook, but I d&

Customer Question

I've put CD's of an audiobook onto my Macbook, but I don't know how to export those files (which are stored in the folder called Music) to my ipod nano 3rd gen. I also have a 4th gen. ipod nano that I'd like to put these audiobooks on, and I'd like to know if/how there's a way to give titles to these books--something that happens automatically when downloading from Can you supply me with that information, and even e-mail instructions to me so I have them for the future? I'm a senior and my techy no-how and memory and less than desirable.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

Here's how you change the information so that the files show up under the Audiobook heading on the left side of iTunes:

1. Select all the tracks related to the audiobook.
2. Go to the File menu, and choose the Get Info option.
3. Select the Options tab, and from the Media Kind drop down list, choose the Audiobook option.
4. Also, change the Part of a Compilation setting to Yes.

Do that for each audiobook, and they'll all be grouped together under the Audiobook section of iTunes.

To get the audiobooks on your iPod, do the following:

1. Connect the iPod to your computer and wait for it to show up in iTunes.
2. If it doesn't get selected automatically, choose it from the list of devices on the left.
3. Once it's selected, choose the Audiobooks tab at the top of the iTunes window.
4. There you can check the box next to whichever audiobooks you want to sync with your iPod.
5. Click the Apply button in the lower right corner, and the sync should start.

Once it's finished, the audiobooks should be on the iPod.

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.