Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis

My individual contacts from Outlook 2007 are syncing just fine

My individual contacts from Outlook 2007 are syncing just fine with my Mac using Entourage Business 2008. But my group contacts are not. Please advise. Thank you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Omer Mushahwar replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am one of the experts here at Just

I have a couple questions that will help me get you an answer.

1) When you say your contacts are syncing, how are you syncing between the programs

2)By group contacts are you referring to distribution groups in outlook?

3)Are you going from a PC to a MAC with the data if so what are the operating systems for both.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
1) I use Microsoft Exchange and 123together is my Microsoft Exchange Host
2) In Outlook 2007 there is the opportunity to create mass emailing lists by creating a group contact list; I do not see such an option in Mac Entourage Business edition and my group contacts from my pc are not transferring when the contacts sync
3) Going from PC with Microsoft WindowsXP and Outlook 2007 to XXXXX Edition 2008

For making groups in Entrouage use the steps below. One thing to point out is groups made in Entourage are store in the local mac address book and not on the server account.

1. Choose the Address Book icon from your icon bar.

2. Right click the Address Book button found under the On My Computer tab and select New Group.

3. A window should appear. Enter a desired group name and begin the process of entering the names/email addresses of those that you wish to be included in this group list. Save when done.

4. NOTE: Entourage groups are saved in the local Address Book of Entourage! The group is not listed in your Exchange contacts folder!

5. You should now see the newly created group in your address book.

6. Move back to your Inbox and you may begin to address email messages to your newly created group. .

Now unfortunately Entourage doesn't support syncing of Groups from Exchange to Entourage. So you wont be able to sync groups because Entourage and outlook groups are slightly different. So they are not a compatible sync and the groups need to be recreated in Entourage