Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college

I have corel 11 and havent used it for several months. Tod

Customer Question

I have corel 11 and haven't used it for several months. Today I got a job where I need it and it won't open. I get a message that says 4<" I read some comments on-line where people were having this problem but there was no solution offered.
Please help I have a G3 (wow) still going strong and running 9 and OX10. The 9 is on an external hard drive. What can I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

What OS are you running? ie. 10.4.11 or 10.5.6

If you click on the Apple icon in the top left and choose about this mac. It will tell you the version number.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am runing corel 11 on mac 0S panther 10.4. It had been working but now it won't open. I get the message "4<>" How and what can I do to get this running again? I have a job that demands corel and if I can't use it I will get no more work from this company. I reloaded my MAC running system last night and still get the same error message. Please help

Optional Information:
Computer OS: Mac OS X
Browser: Firefox
Programming Language: english?
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Please do the following:

Try repairing permissions:

Click on the picture of a face all the way on the left-hand side of your dock.
Click Go all the way at the Top and Choose Utilities
Open Disk Utility
Select your startup disk on the left of the Disk Utility window
Select First Aid from the tabs
Click the "Repair Disk Permissions" button

Lets try deleting the preference file.

Click on the picture of a face all the way on the left-hand side of your dock. Click on Go at the very top and Choose Home

This will bring up your home folder. Go into a folder called Library and then another folder called Preferences. Delete any files with corel in the title.
ie. corel.painter11.plist

Try to open Corel Let me know if this does not work
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Let me know if this worked for you, Please click on Accept if it did.