Mac Tech
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience:  7 + Years Supporting Apple Products

Im having trouble getting my iWeb domain to upload changes.

Customer Question

I'm having trouble getting my iWeb domain to upload changes. It's just happened recently. Seems to be photos that don't upload - what's going on?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for letting me assist you with your issue(s).

What is/are the sizes of your photos?

Are you getting any error messages? If so, can you cut and paste them to the reply.

Edited by Richard on 7/3/2010 at 9:04 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi RIchard -

The photos I'm having trouble with average 4" X 4", and are at 72 dpi. So that's not it.

I just opened up my domain, and 15 out of the 20 pages are red, even though I didn't change anything since my last attempted upload (when only one showed up red).

I just tried to publish the site (with the green arrow at the bottom), still waiting to get the message about whether it uploaded or not. I noticed that my laptop only shows 2 of 4 bars, while my desktop (sitting right beside it) shows 4 bars. Got the message (same old same old): "Publish Error There was an error communicating with the FTP server. Try again later, or check with your service provider." My ISP is GoDaddy. but my friend who has a similar problem with iWeb uploading (who also uses GoDaddy) says they told her that its not a problem on their end. HELP.

Jane
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.
Ok, you are pushing much data up to the site. Try performing this operation on another computer and also Internet provider. Let me know your results.

Also, you may have a corrupted page/site.

Try publishing a "new" test site. In this test, do incremental uploads as to not put a high demand on the process. Check the result after every publish.

Please report back to me with your results.

Thank you!