Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

I am trying to speed up streaming video played on my mac (using

I am trying to speed up streaming video played on my mac (using Safari). The computer is downloading it just fine, and playing it at normal speed. I am not having technical issues in any way. However, the video itself is of somebody talking very slowly. I want to play it at 1.5x speed. How do I do this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

To do this on a Mac, you'll need this application, which allows you to speed up video playback in most applications (i.e. iTunes, Safari, Firefox, etc.). There is no built in feature that will let you speed up online playback otherwise.

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't think this fixes the problem. It seems designed to accelerate streaming so that you don't get pauses, which is nice, but not where my issue is. Basically, I am watching a video of a guy who talks like Ben Stein, and I want to speed up the lecture to something that isn't quite so painful--to compress 4 hours of video time into 3 hours. I downloaded the offered application, but it does not give me that option.
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Sorry I misunderstood, try this application instead.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What if it isn't a flash-based video?
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
It should still work. Almost all video online is either flash based, or in a similar streaming style, and that should do it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Great. Thanks!