Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

I have installed a processor for Garageband on my iBook g4,

I have installed a processor for Garageband on my iBook g4, avoxsybil.component. How do I open it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

You'll need to move it to the following location on your Mac:

Macintosh HD->Library->Audio->Plug-Ins->Components

Once it's there, open Garageband again, and you should be all set.

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey Jesse. Thank you for the help. I did as you said and the Avox window was there when I re-opened Garageband. However, Garageband then became stuck in the "initializing" stage of it's opening process. The Avox unit I am attempting to use is part of a bundle of processors (Antares is providing me a 10 day demo). Avox Sybil Evo is the only component in the bundle I am interested in. I assume the size of the bundle is putting to big of a load on my processor/computer to actually open the unit? Can I dump the other components I don't need in an effort to reduce the load on my computer? If you can help me this?
I want to get you paid and hopefully your reply will be the final step to getting that processor to open.

Thank you Jesse.
Expert:  Jesse replied 4 years ago.
Try restarting your computer while holding Shift on the keyboard (you only need to hold it until the Apple logo appears). Once it's finished booting, restart again normally, and try it again.

I wouldn't delete any of the other components, it's unlikely they're slowing down the computer. An iBook G4 is an older model, and will have a hard time running a heavy application like Garageband, especially with large components. You might want to max out the RAM, that would certainly help.
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience