loadedmind
loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.
24048999

MY NEW LEXMARK PRINTER WILL NOT PRINT FROM MY MAC OSX 10 .3 FAULT

Customer Question

MY NEW LEXMARK PRINTER WILL NOT PRINT FROM MY MAC OSX 10 .3
FAULT WINDOW SAYS
LEXMARK CUP DRIVER QUIT UNEXPECTEDLY
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer - I'm John.

Generally speaking, unless the situation warrants it, using all upper case type is considered less than desireable as upper case infers shouting. I'm pretty sure your intent wasn't to shout, but this is how it comes across when hitting CAPS LOCK on your keyboard.

That being said, I'd like for you to please start off by attempting to repair disk permissions as this can cause what you're seeing and doing so, every so often, is good for your Mac. Here are the instructions for repairing disk permissions on your Mac:

Repair Disk Permissions - Tiger
========================

1) Close any/all open applications, programs, etc
2) Open Finder and select Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility
3) On the left pane, choose Macintosh HD
4) On the right pane, choose the First Aid tab, if it isn't already highlighted in blue
5) Toward the bottom of this window, select the Repair Disk Permissions button
6) Upon completion, click the Apple icon at top left and choose Restart. Let your Mac reboot itself and then try what you were trying before you started the Repair Disk Permissions process

Note: This process can take anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour or so. This depends on a few things: how fast your computer is, when the last time you ran Repair Disk Permissions and how much data is on your hard drive. It is recommended that you do this each time you apply a Software Update from Apple, performing an upgrade on your OS and/or every other month.

If after performing a Repair Disk Permissions you still have this issue, please uninstall and reinstall the Lexmark print drivers. To do this, open System Preferences, then click Print & Fax. Select your Lexmark printer from the section on the left, then choose the "-" symbol to remove it. Go ahead and reboot the Mac at this point by clicking the Apple icon at top left and choosing Restart. Once the Mac comes back up and you've logged in, add your printer back into the list by clicking the "+" symbol and choosing the appropriate drivers. If you need the drivers from Lexmark, I'll need the exact model of your Lexmark printer so I can obtain that information for you.

If the information I've provided meets with your approval and resolves your issue, please let me know and you can Accept the answer (and if possible, leave positive feedback). If not, please DO NOT Accept the answer. Instead, let me know what happened and we'll try some more things or I can refer you to another Expert who may be able to help you further.

Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no right pane to choose first aid tab
Can you please confirm your version of OS X to be 10.3?